1. Members shall behave in a sporting manner at all times.
2. Membership of the Association shall be open to:
a) Owners and Leasors of Fishings (Honorary membership).
b) Senior Members – 22 years and over - £230 plus £5 admin fee in first year.
c) Pensioner Members – £180 – In order to qualify for the Pensioner rate, the member must be of state pension age on or before 31 December in the year prior to the year of membership (eg by 31 December 2020 to qualify for the 2021 season), and have been a Senior Member for one year.
(NB State pension age is under review and may change in the future. If you are unsure, you can find out what date you will reach state pension age using this calculator: www.gov.uk/calculate-state-pension)
d) Youth – ages 17 – 21 years inclusive – £40
e) Junior – 16 years and under – Free
3. Membership Fees are payable by 1 December each year; if not paid by 31 December membership will lapse. From 5 January onwards, places will be made available to new applicants.
4. The full level of subscription shall be payable for new or returning members at any time during the year. However, new members or returning members joining at the Game Fair shall benefit from a reduced rate of 50% of the annual subscription plus the administration fee.
a) At the discretion of the Committee, new members and returning members may benefit from the “Game Fair” subscription rate until August 31.
b) After September 1, new or returning members can pay the Game Fair rate for the remaining weeks or, alternatively, if they pay the full year subscription they will become members for the remaining weeks AND the following year.
c) In these instances, returning members are defined as Senior and Pensioner members who have not been full members for the past three years.
5. Office bearers have the choice of free or reduced subscriptions, although donations are always welcome.
6. The Committee shall have the power to accept or reject any application for membership.
7. Following any complaint about the conduct of a Member, if the Office-bearers, after interviewing the Member and after such investigations and consultations as they deem necessary, consider there is a prima facie case of misconduct, the Member shall be suspended until the Committee consider his case. The Committee meeting (to which the Member shall be invited) will be convened as soon as possible but where it is known that prosecution is pending then the outcome of such prosecution will be awaited. After hearing the Member, the Committee shall decide either to lift the suspension or expel the Member, and shall inform him accordingly. Any Member convicted of a poaching offence shall be expelled.
8. Members who fail to send in their Angling Returns may forfeit their membership.
9. No angler shall cut in front of another when fishing a pool, but each angler shall take his turn in order of his arrival at any pool or stream.
10. All fish nine inches and under and all foul hooked fish are to be carefully returned.
11. Membership is no longer confined to anglers who permanently reside within 15 miles of Perth, but is open to all. Membership will be limited to 500 of categories 2 (b), (c), (d) and (e).
12. When a Member loses his membership card the circumstances shall be immediately reported to the Secretary. A duplicate will be issued at the discretion of the Committee and a charge of £5 will be made.
13. Membership Card and Handbook must be produced to tackle shops when obtaining fishing permits, and carried on your person while fishing.
14. Those Members able to fish daily should avoid weekend permits to allow fair access to fishing.
15. Members can only take one permit per day except when applying on the day of fishing.
16. Any member failing to report fish caught within seven days may face disciplinary action.
17. All trout loch returns to be returned to tackle shop with keys.
18. The use of fish finders is prohibited on all fishing available to the Association.
19. Any difficulties experienced by members on the fishings owned or leased by the association should bring this to the attention of any Committee member in writing as soon as possible.
20. Members are prohibited from selling any fish caught while using an Association permit.